Xenplate audit and survey tool
The Royal College of Emergency Medicine (RCEM) has chosen Xenplate for its national audits. Quick design, managed workflow, automated data collection and reporting transform the way audits are performed. With most of the administration automated RCEM can conduct audits each year very cost-effectively.
National reporting on 4 hour target
In 2015 NHS England decided to discontinue the publication of weekly 4 hour performance reporting from A&E hospitals. RCEM commissioned L2S2 to use Xenplate to collect weekly data from major NHS hospitals (including this 4 hour measure) and to produce the reports used to brief the media. It has done so each winter since providing valuable insight into the problems encountered in A & E departments.
The College also uses Xenplate to create and run national audits based on data entered by NHS clinicians working in secondary care. Recent examples are Procedural Sedation, Pain in Children and Fractured Neck of Femur.
On the success of Xenplate as a rapid deployment audit tool for RCEM, the Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC) responsible for the NHS IT governance and standards commissioned Xenplate to use the pilot tool for the new proposed national emergency medicine dataset ECDS. It was possible to deploy a fully compliant system into a major NHS Trust Hospital within a few days of conception.
Key Features – Xenplate Audit System
Xenplate can be configured as a powerful audit tool with built in workflow to allow self-management of contributors, audit form design, assignment of audits to users and groups, validation, KPI scraping and advanced reporting in diverse application areas.
• Online web-based system
• Web forms for data entry allowing part or full completion without data loss
• Easy to use CMS with simple navigation requiring no formal end user training
• Print facility for data entered
• News/bulletin board
• Group based user Logins with two levels of customer administration
• Distribution of messages to individuals, groups and administrators
• Scheduled and event driven reminders
• Lockout function to facilitate input control
• Display of reports
• Filtered parameter based reports
• Reporting capability for current year and annual comparison purposes
• Importing capability for existing data sets
• Data export to Excel (csv) file format
• Complex custom reporting delivered by L2S2 engineers
• User feedback capability to facilitate continuous improvement
• Data stored encrypted to AES256 and available for future access